The summer after my junior year I interned with Cardinal Health in Dublin, Ohio.  As the "business behind healthcare"  Cardinal Health distributes (and manufacturers to some extent) pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to hospitals (the company serves over 90% of hospitals in the United States), ambulatory care centers, pharmacies, and doctor offices.  You can learn more about the company here.  

As an IT intern with the Information Security deparment, I helped increase security awareness within the company by running a new training program about e-mail phishing for all employees.  To successfully run the training program I:

• Created and sent out test emails to all employees and kept track of the results
  • Gathered and consolidated feedback
  • Gave almost 30 presentations to different departments throughout the company to help raise awareness
  • Presented results to the Chief Legal Officer and Chief Information Officer
  • Created self-help documents for the employee internal website
  • Wrote the procedure book for the program so that the training could continue after I had left
However, this was not the only thing I did all summer.  I participated in numerous networking events, attended executive speaker series, served on the intern community service committee and helped organized service events for all of the interns, strengthened my business acumen, toured distribution centers, went to a ropes course for an intern team-building event, and many more activities. 
Overall this was a great first internship.  The summer solidified my interest in working in the health care industry and I gained some valuable experience working for a large firm.  

Below are some pictures from my internship:

Intern community service event - American Lung Association Fight for Air Walk