Elise Gruneisen is a good friend of mine who studied abroad in Dublin, Ireland during her junior year.  I interviewed her about her experience for a multimedia course in order to gain familiarity with sound editing, specifically using the program Audacity.  

This project enabled me to work on my ability to ask the right questions so as to keep the interview entertaining and informative while challenging me to work with Elise's answers to draw out storie details rather than get lost in my prewritten questions.  It tested my creativity and ability to think quickly in the moment.  

It also forced to pay great attention to detail.  For example, I learned that using the sound booth in the library was really helpful in getting a fuller recording, which lessened the amount of background noise and thus resulted in clearer and better audio quality.  I also repeatedly listening to the audio in order to level volume discrepancies and get rid of unneccessary or distracting noises, a process that required a lot of time and patience but resulted in a much better product.