Building Bridges Mentorship Program

The Building Bridges Mentoring Program matches historically underrepresented first-year students with faculty from the departments that the students wish to explore as possible majors. The foundation of the program is built upon the work of faculty mentors who play an integral role in the academic development of the students. My building bridges mentor is Professor Miguel Morales; he has directed me towards the research that interests me most and is a great resource for all the questions I have when it comes to the College of Science. The program director, Arnel Bulaoro, has also been very helpful in my search for internships, funding, and other opportunities.

MSPS 99

The MSPS 99 is an ambassador program develped by the Multicultural Student Programs and Services Office to provide students with a way to directly contribute to the spirit of inclusion at the University of Notre Dame. As a peer educator, I am trained to provide experiential workshops to various student groups on campus including first-year orientation.

Unity Games 2015

In February 2015, I became a group leader for MSPS's first annual Unity Games. Over the course of a week, I lead my "district" in diversity-related activities in an attempt to strengthen interfaith and intercultural connections on campus.

MSPS Intern 2015-2016

During the 2015-2016 school year, I will be interning in the MSPS front office! During my time, I will work directly with Director Iris Outlaw and her associates Ke'ana Bradley and Arnel Bulaoro. I have had the opportunity to work with each of these people already [including with Mr. Bulaoro in the Building Bridges program and Ms. Bradley during the Unity Games] and I am beyond excited to help the multicultural students community in whatever ways I can. I will be blogging/ePortfolio-ing my experience next year so look out for a new page in the future!