The Fall Semester of my first year began just like I thought it would. I was going into the college of First Year Studies with the intent to join the college of Science my Sophomore year. I knew that my interests lied mainly within the department of biological sciences, but in the interest of keeping all my options open I took some classes that I did not need to take. Instead of taking General Chemistry, I took Introduction to Chemical Principles (dubbed amongst students "Chem for Chem majors"). Instead of taking Calculus A, I took Calculus I; this is a class orginally for engineers, but it was recommended to me if I wanted to look into a Chemistry major. I took Biological Sciences I for my intended major and Writing & Rhetoric as my first university requirement. For my final class, I opted out of fulfilling any other requirements and decided to take Introduction to Psychology since I was also interested in the new Neuroscience and Behavior major. Throughout the semester, I also added a one credit course titled "Diversity, Culture, Religion in Science" and one credit of research.