Triathlon Club

"Coming out of high school with three years of cross country experience, I knew I wanted to maintain my fitness in university. So, at SAO sign-up night, I looked into the Triathlon Club at Notre Dame. While I really only had confidence in my running abilities, I knew that the club would encourage me to engage in new forms of exercise. Swimming practices were difficult for me because I had not swam competitively since elementary school. Luckily, my endurance training ensured my ability to complete workouts. Biking, though was the most challenging as I had not rode a bike since I was twelve years old! I didn't realize just how challenging a spin workout can be, mainly because I was so confident in my running abilities. 

While the club has proven challenging at times, it has encouraged a competitive mentality in my training. I did not compete in any triathlons this year, but I plan on doing so in future years. This summer I hope to return to biking and get my fitness up in order to be a more competitive member of the club."