Welcome to the website of James Radich, Ph.D. candidate at the University of Notre Dame. I am a senior graduate student working in the Radiation Laboratory on the development and characterization of new materials for energy conversion and storage under the guidance of Professor Prashant Kamat. In particular, my work focuses on heterogeneous interfacial electron transfer between various semiconducting, metallic, and carbon nanostructures (such as graphene). The development of solution-based processing for high-quality materials used in quantum dot photovoltaics and lithium ion batteries has been the crux of my research activity.

I have also served the university in the role of instructor for the First Year Engineering Program where I have refined my teaching skills through a mentorship program. I have also been awarded two named research fellowships for the 2013-2014 calendar year to pursue my own proposed research; The Patrick & Jan Eilers Sustainable Energy Research Fellowship and the Bayer Environmental Research Fellowship. Please feel free to browse through my website as a way to learn in more detail about my previous work history and my current research activities at Notre Dame.  

For more information please contact me directly using the link on the website.

Information about the Kamat Lab Research Group can be found at www.kamatlab.com