Hi! I am Maddie (Madeline) McKenna and I am a sophomore originally from Dayton, Ohio, but on campus I live in Lyons Hall. I am a Neuroscience and Behavior major at Notre Dame, and once I’m done with school here, I want to use my skills to go to medical school. This October, I will be traveling to Morgantown, West Virginia, to work at a community partner known as The Shack, which provides before and after school children’s programs to help strengthen families and provide a safe environment for children. This work is through the Appalachia Seminar at the University of Notre Dame, where my university sends 273 students to 19 different sites in the Appalachia area. Going to Appalachia is something really exciting for me, because I love being able to use my skills to help others. The Shack will be an especially fun and rewarding experience, because I enjoy working with children and making a difference in the community. Feel free to look through my ePortfolio and keep updated with my experiences before, during, and after my trip!