Dear First Year Student, 
Welcome to Notre Dame!! As you may already know, I will be your First Year Advisor for the upcoming year. I have worked as an Academic Advisor and/or Learning Specialist for 11 years and the 2015-16 academic year will be my seventh year at Notre Dame. You can find out a little more about me by viewing my ND ePortfolio
I have had the opportunity to begin to get to know you through your Admissions File, Course Peference Form and/or First Year ePortfolios. I look forward to learning more about you throughout your first year at Notre Dame beginning with Welcome Weekend. In preparation for your arrival to campus, it would be beneficial for you to do the following:

Complete ePortfolio Assignment 1: Creating Your ePortfolio and Initial Thoughts (Due: Submit in August 2015)

Start now: Create your ePortfolio using the Getting Started link. Once you have built your First Year ePortfolio from your template and updated the home page. Then complete Assignment #1 by answering the prompts on the “Initial Thoughts” page under the “Advising” subheading. This is due by the end of the month and will be used by your advisor to make the most of your advising session.

Review your fall 2015 schedule via insideND.

In addition to viewing your schedule, please view your "Grade History" or "Test Scores" to make sure we have received all of your AP and/or IB scores.

If this information is incomplete, please email (pdf, scan or send photo) or fax 574-631-8141 me a copy of your official College Board score report. You can also provide me with a copy of your score report once you arrive on campus.

SPECIAL NOTE: I cannot make schedule adjustments until Monday, August 24th (Schedule Adjustment Day)

I will provide you with more information regarding Schedule Adjustment Day, walk-in hours during the first week of classes and additional details for upcoming year at my General Advising Session on Saturday, August 22nd at 4pm in 123 Nieuwland. Your attendance at this general session is REQUIRED.
Again, I look forward to seeing you during Welcome Weekend and having a wonderful year together. 

Best regards,

Michelle Ware