During the Spring semester, I was given an opportunity to apply for a study abroad program in London for 6 weeks in the summer. During this time, from May 20th to June 28th, I took two 3 credit classes - Engineering Ethics and Integrated Business and Engineering Fundamentals. 

This study abroad experience in Europe provided more than just an educational opportunity through my classes, but also through cultural interactions. During the weekends, all the students were afforded the freedom to travel throughout Europe. I chose to travel to Paris, Rome, and Dortmund. Diving in head first into different cultures and living in an area where little English, besides London, was spoken opened my eyes to the diversity that exists throughout the world.

Practically, traveling abroad during the summer was the most appropriate time to do so, since the tough engineering curriculum does not typically give students enough time to study abroad for a whole semester. Studying abroad gave me valuable experience that separates me from those who did not have this experience. Successfully traveling throughout Europe demonstrates my ability to adapt to different social expectations.

The London Bridge, where the Olympic rings were held during the 2012 Summer Olympics. This is one of the many bridges that exist in London for residents to cross the Thames River.