Spark of Creativity

Journal Entry 1

“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”

-Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky

So… I leave in the morning. My journey begins when I open my eyes. I’m definitely nervous, very excited, and quite unsure what to expect. My entire life I’ve tried to plan everything out, to prepare as much as possible for what is to come; but for once I am unable to do much more than pack my bags and head out for my adventure. I have to be willing to accept that everything probably won’t be perfect, that I might get lost at some point, that I don’t totally understand what I’m heading into. But as the plane takes off tomorrow to take me to Rome, my home for the next few months, I know that I can’t let the fear of the unknown stand in my way; fear will keep me from allowing myself to grow. As I learned at Notre Dame Vision this summer, I have to “encourage the storm.” I plan to do just that, and I know I have plenty of people who love and support me. I will continue to love and miss all those I won’t be seeing for a while, but know that I carry you in my heart. I hope to find more people like you on this exciting journey. For now, goodnight, and hopefully I can get some sleep as I prepare to head off into the great unknown.

Comments

Loading Comments ...