Hello! My name is Thomas Walsh and I am a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame, where I major in both finance and economics. Originally from Valparaiso, IN, I now reside in Stanford Hall, older brother of the little-known Keenan Hall. I really enjoy all-things sports, playing the piano, and traveling. I also love a good adventure, the Chicago Cubs, and my two golden retrievers, Ruby and Riley. My special talents include quoting movies, laughing at my own jokes, and saying the alphabet backwards.

I am extremely humbled and honored to have the opportunity to travel to War, WV and work with the Big Creek People in Action group this fall. Over the summer, I had the privilege to meet Palestinian refugees while studying and traveling in the West Bank. My experiences there gave me a new perspective on the lives of those that live in poverty. I came home determined to make a difference in any way that I could. The Center for Social Concerns Appalachia seminar allows students to serve and learn from the people of Appalachia in over eighteen different locations. Through my service, I hope to find the same hope and appreciation for life amid poverty and hardship in Appalachia as I did in the West Bank.