DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.

While creating content to record was easy for this project (I simply filled out the template for the I Am From Poem), creating a high quality recording was a challenge.  I checked out a Sony Audio Recorder from OIT, because that's what I use to create high quality narration for the Remix-U tutorials.  My first take was solid, but I realized while editing in Audacity that my mic level was too high during the recording.  As a result, I started over.  The second take was better, so I imported it and gave it the same effects treatment I give to the tutorials (compression, normalization, equalization, noise removal, etc.).

 

Fortunately, I had already found a soundtrack that I liked, so I didn't need to spend a huge amount of time searching.  However, when I imported it, I found that it was about 15 seconds too short.  To solve this challenge, I did a few different things.  The first was to trim the pauses in the voice-over.  This alone wasn't enough to reconcile the length difference, so using a combination of speed and tempo tweaking, I slowed the music, making it long enough to fit with the voice.  Normally, I'm very wary of slowing down either video or audio for fear of quality loss, but the final produce here turned out well.

 

If I were to attempt this project again, my main revision would be to explore more equipment options; to play with other microphones and peripherals to maximize audio quality.

DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.