Coming out of high school, I found myself in a position where I wasn't passionate about any particular subject. The one thing I enjoyed and was good at was math, but I didn't want to pursue a pure math major. This left me curious about business and more specifically Finance, and so I found myself at Notre Dame in the Finance major. I came into the major with the idea that it will be just a bunch of math and get me a good job. Yes, there is a lot of math in Finance, but i've stuck with it for so many more reasons. One thing in particular that I enjoy about business and Finance is how project based it can be. I enjoy taking on a project and being able to complete it and clearly see the fruits of my labor. Finance also allows the opportunity to seek a company that aligns with my moral compass and make a meaningful contribution to that company, its stakeholders and clients, and society.

Classwork Examples:

Nook Case Writeup.pdf - Advanced Corporate Finance

Nanotechnology.ibooks - Foresight

During my sophomore year I officially took on Korean as a minor. I had taken Spanish for 6 years during middle and high school, but enjoyed learning languages and wanted to continue in a different direction. Chinese is by far the most popular Asian langauge, but I wanted to do something different and had been exposed to Korean music in high school. So, on a whim I took First Year Korean I my first semester Freshman year. I had the opportunity to receive an SLA grant to study abroad in Korea, but in order to receive the grand I had to go the summer after Freshman year. This opportunity opened my eyes to Korean culture and helped me to discover my passion for Korean langugae, culture and society. I took on the minor and continued to take Second and Third year Korean in addition to the Exploring Korean History through Film course.

Classwork Examples: 

Final Paper - Korean Business.docx - Third Year Korean I

Final Paper.docx - Exploring Korean History Through Film